This private Aerial Silks session teaches the fundamental techniques like how to climb, some foot wraps, and more! Then we will progress and learn to use these techniques to create simple combinations up in the air.
What we love:
- The graceful flow of aerial silks will have you hooked from the first moment your feet leave the ground.
- With expert instruction from Andrea (Dre) Fors, students at every level of experience will learn something new.
- No previous experience is required.
What to know:
- Wear fitted clothing, preferably clothing that covers the back of the knees
- All equipment is provided in the studio
- Water is provided, but you are encouraged to bring your own water bottle
- No bathing suits, gum or alcohol permitted in the studio
- Please remove all jewelery before the session
Wellness Studio at Hotel Wailea
$95/hour for 1 person
$145/hour for a couple
Meet your instructor:
Andrea Fors (aka ‘Dre’) discovered her love for aerial dance in 1998, while attending the University of Georgia. There, she apprenticed under the directorship of Susan Murphy, one of the first people to develop the art of dance-trapeze, and there, she found a love for how physical strength and art/emotion collide.
She went on to help open one of the first dedicated aerial dance studios in the country, Canopy Studio, and became a member of Canopy’s first Aerial Dance Repertoire Company from 2000-2005. During this time, she spent countless hours training on various equipment including silks, duo trap, lyra, and harness with Elsie and Serenity Smith, who performed for Cirque du Soleil, and currently own the New England Center for Circus Arts.
Andrea is dedicated to helping the community of Maui and those who visit our beautiful island to connect back to themselves and to those around them, and the community. Her company, Uplift Maui, is founded on the premises that we “rise by lifting others” (Robert Ingersoll). A play on words for literally lifting people into the air as well as in so many other ways…physically, nutritionally, emotionally, and spiritually…to name a few.
RYT 500 Yoga Alliance Certified, Unnata Aerial Yoga certified, Power Pilates Certified, ISSA certified, B.S. Psychology; Masters in Social Work